Providing timely and quality healthcare for our patients is our priority. You will be asked to review and sign-off on this policy at the time of a new patient appointment. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Definition of a “No-show” Appointment
“No-show” appointment as any scheduled appointment in which the patient either:
- Does not arrive to the appointment
- Arrives more than 15 mins late and is consequently unable to be seen
- Cancels with less than 24 hours’ notice.
Impact of a “No-show” Appointment
“No-show” Appointments have a negative impact on our ability to provide timely and quality healthcare to our patients. When a patient “No-shows” a scheduled appointment it:
- Potentially jeopardizes the health of the “no-show” patient
- Is unfair (and frustrating) to other patients that would have utilized the appointment slot
How to Avoid Getting a “No-show”
- Confirm your appointment
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early
- Give 24 hours’ notice to cancel appointment or as much notice as possible
Always arrive 10-15 minutes early.
- Arrive at the clinic 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. This allows time for you to address any insurance or billing questions and complete any necessary paperwork before the scheduled appointment.
- New Patients should arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment visit. This allows ample time to complete the New Patient Paperwork.
Give 24 Hour Notice if you Need to Cancel
- Contact our office no later than 24 hours before the scheduled appointment when you need to cancel or rebook a scheduled appointment. This allows us time to determine the most appropriate way to meet your healthcare needs and the opportunity to book another patient in the vacant appointment slot.
Consequences of “No-Show” Established Patient Appointments
- If you miss 3 or more appointments within a rolling calendar year, you may be dismissed from the clinic.
- Patient dismissal is at the discretion of your medical provider or the clinic supervisor.
- If you are dismissed from the clinic, your remaining scheduled appointments will be cancelled.
- Only emergency medical treatment will be offered within the first 30 days of dismissal.
Consequences of “No-Show” New Patient Appointments
- If you miss 2 New Patient Appointments in a rolling calendar year, you WILL be dismissed from the clinic.